Travel company Tui has cancelled a series of flights and holidays to locations all over the world, due to the “ongoing uncertainty around travel”.
The government’s latest review of the traffic travel light system was announced on August 26 – which saw countries such as Canada, Finland and Lithuania all moved to the green list.
A statement on the holiday company’s website says they are ‘continually reviewing’ its holiday programme in line with government updates every three weeks.
The UK’s biggest tour operator will not offer flights to Malta, or Sardinia, Sicily and Calabria in Italy until at least October 31.
Tui confirmed it is giving jet-setters the chance to make fee-free changes to their travel plans until 14 days before their departure, if their holiday begins before the end of October.
Travellers making trips between November 1, 2021 and April 30, 2022 can make changes for free until 28 days before departure. If Tui cancels a holiday, it will give customers at least seven days’ notice and offer them a cash refund or the chance to rebook.
Package holidays to Almeria and Girona in Spain have also been cancelled until then.
Flights and packages to countries including Austria, Slovenia, Bulgaria and Montenegro have also been cancelled in the coming weeks, with holidays to further-flung spots such as Florida, Cancun, the Maldives, Mauritius and the UAE also affected.
“We are continually reviewing our holiday programme and cancellations in line with government updates every three weeks,” said the travel firm, reasserting that it would not be operating trips to countries on the red list.
Customers whose holiday or flight has been cancelled can expect a full refund or the option to change their trip to a later date or alternative holiday. Tui is also offering holidaymakers the option to make fee-free changes to their booking up to 14 days before travel (up to and including 31 October).
Which flights and holidays have been cancelled by Tui?
Up to and including 31 August
- Florida and Cancun
- India, Indonesia, Italy (Sicily and Sardinia), Maldives, Mauritius, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand (Phuket), UAE (Abu Dhabi) and USA with non-Tui flights
Up to and including 4 September
- Aruba, Cape Verde, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Italy (Naples), Mexico (Puerto Vallarta), Turkey and Tunisia
- Canada, Kenya, Seychelles and Tobago with non-Tui flights
Up to and including 6 September:
– Italy (Naples)
Up to and including 9 September:
– Italy with non-TUI flights
Up to and including 25 September:
– Aruba, Cape Verde, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Florida, Mexico, Turkey and Tunisia
– Canada, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand, Tobago, UAE (Abu Dhabi) and USA with non-TUI flights
Up to and including 31 October
- Austria, Italy and Slovenia (Tui Lakes and Mountains including non-Tui flights)
- Bulgaria (Varna and Bourgas)
- Italy (Sicily, Sardinia, Calabria)
- Mainland Spain (Almeria and Girona)
- Malta (except non-Tui flights) and Montenegro