South Wales Police is investigating the scenes of violent disorder which happened in the Mayhill area of Swansea last night (Thursday 20th May).
The police response to the incident was immediate and officers trained to deal with public order incidents were deployed to the scene.
Det Supt Gareth Morgan described it as “a substantial investigation” for South Wales Police, with officers using facial recognition technology to identify those involved from CCTV.
The disorder is thought to have started after a balloon release for Ethan Powell, 19, who collapsed and died on Wednesday.
Adam Romain, whose house was targeted after he tried to stop youths setting fire to his car, has since said he will move from Swansea, saying he does not feel safe there any more.
He described bricks being thrown through windows while his girlfriend and children screamed, and feared his home would be looted.
Mr Romain said his children had now “bounced back” but added his partner was too scared to come home.
“I’m on a rollercoaster, up and down, thinking I don’t know where to point the anger sometimes,” he added.
A man from nearby Fforestfach gave Mr Romain his old car after hearing about his experiences and how he relied on a vehicle for his job as a delivery driver.
They are studying a total of 400 submissions from people, including videos of the disorder.
“We are making clear progress to identify those responsible and we anticipate further arrests over the coming days,” Det Supt Morgan said.
He added most of the arrests have been made because of “proactive police work” but three people handed themselves in.
Of the 15 arrests so far, 13 have been bailed under strict conditions, while the two others have been released from custody under investigation.
Assistant Chief Constable Jenny Gilmer said: “These are scenes we do not expect to see in our communities and our officers should not expect to have to confront situations like this when they go to work at the start of their shift.
“I want to reassure the residents of Mayhill that we shall be maintaining an enhanced police presence throughout the weekend.
“If those involved choose to return and further threaten public safety in the community of Mayhill they will be robustly dealt with.
“Our focus now is to fully investigate this appalling incident. We will be using CCTV and social media footage to help us to identify and arrest those responsible.
“The level of violence towards emergency services and the damage to buildings and vehicles was totally unacceptable.
“I would like to thank the public for their support and appeal to anyone with information or video footage to come forward and provide that to us.”
He said this restored his faith in people.